This excellent video was shared on our Facebook group by Jan.
The video below, filmed by Alwin Pickles, combines modern footage of sites in Keighley, archival images and a narrative provided by Desmond Jackson.
The video covers a variety of wartime issues:
- The view the Luftwaffe had of Keighley
- The ARP in Keighley
- Changes in the town since the war
- Sites of Air Raid Shelters
- Military bases and sites in the town
- Painted Wartime signs that still exist
- Wartime Industry in Keighley
- War Memorials
If you have any wartime photographs of any of the places mentioned, or of any other sites in Keighley at the time, please let us know.
For further information about Keighley during the Second World War:
Visit Keighley Library to see the displays that are currently on show in the upstairs rooms. These relate to the now listed Pillboxes in Steeton and the Duke of Wellington’s Regiment during the war.
Visit the Men of Worth project website. Here you can find information about many Keighley folks involvement in the war.